Related Requirements allow you to attach a summary of Estimated and Actual usages necessary to perform a maintenance activity. For example, the user could attach a list of Inventory and Tools used to complete a Work Order. Related Requirements may be associated with:
• Work Procedures themselves but not on the Sub-Steps of the Work Procedure;
• Policies on the Header and/or Line;
• Templates on the Header and/or Line;
• Work Orders on the Header and/or Line.
The Related Requirements options may be found under the buttons controlling the Header and Line information on the form. Depending upon where the Related Requirement form is being accessed in TAG, the Related Requirements form will be either Expected Related Requirements or Actual Related Requirements. On each form, an entry in the Related Requirements list must have a Type designation. The Related Requirements (RR’s) Types are:
• Item – An Item RR Type indicates the entry is a NAV Item;
• Consumable – When this type is selected the RR is a Consumable;
• Tool – The Tool RR Type indicates the entry is a Tool;
• OSP – Outside Service Providers are designated with this RR Type;
• Other- The RR is not an Item, Consumable, Tool or Part but has a cost;
• Parts – When the Parts RR Type is associated with the record, it is from the Equipment Parts List.
To create a Related Requirements entry, go to a new row in the Related Requirement form and select the Type, then tab to the No. field. With the exception of the Other Type, the No. field is a drilldown field and its drill to destination is dependent upon the Type selected. The destinations are as follows:
• Item – NAV Item table;
• Consumable – TAG Consumable table;
• Tool – TAG Tool table;
• OSP – TAG OSP table;
• Parts – TAG Equipment or Sub-Assembly Parts.
Expected Related Requirements Type
After clicking the drilldown in the No. field, select an entry from the list and click OK. The Description and Cost from the entry will be used to populate the RR line. If the Type is Item, the Available Quantity from the NAV Item will be shown.
Expected Related Requirements No. Selection
To remove an entry from the RR, place your pointer on the line and press F4 or right click your mouse and select the Delete option.
Expected Related Requirements Options
Under the Requirements button, you will find options to open the Card associated with the entry and associate Dimension with the entry. When the Type is an Item you may use the Availability option to view on hand quantities available at your NAV Locations.