Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016: Multi-Company Data Synchronization
The synchronization product that we distribute on behalf of our joint venture partners (ADNM/Verosoft) for Microsoft Dynamics NAV is available for NAV 2016. Partners may use our demo platform for demonstrating to clients. You can find information on the product at the following links:
As a reminder, this product addresses Microsoft Dynamic’s greatest weakness which is multi-company data management. Our product is the most flexible tool available for Microsoft Dynamics NAV. With our product companies can setup an unlimited number of SYNC groups and sync properties/rules can be defined at a field level. A SYNC group is configured with the following hierarchy:
1. Create GROUP
2. Choose DATABASES to include the GROUP (it works across multiple databases and with Dynamics CRM).
3. Choose COMPANIES to include in the GROUP. (from one or more databases).
4. Choose TABLES to include in the GROUP.
5. Choose FIELDS to include in the GROUP.
- The product uses web services; transactions are synchronized in real-time. As data is passed into other companies, data is entered following NAV logic so if a transaction fails validation, it is not synch’d and an entry is made in the error log. Validation can be skipped at a field level via configuration.
- Fields can be ignored as part of the synchronization.
- A synchronization sequence at a field level can be defined so that data passes validation when it is synchronized (e.g. you must choose an account type before you choose an account no. in a journal entry).
- Data filtering can be set at a field level so if you only want to synchronization a subset of data in a table, you can set those filters at a field level (e.g. you could ignore some GL accounts in the Chart of Accounts table; you could ignore some dimensions in the default dimension table; you could ignore some Items in the Item table, etc).
- “One-way” or “Bi-directional” synchronization can be defined at a group level (choose a parent company) or at a table level. (e.g. you may allow synchronization of modifications that are made to Customers in any company, but you might want to restrict modifications to a configuration table (like General Ledger Setup) to a master company).
This product is extremely popular with our clients that are currently using this product. It greatly reduces NAV administration costs and greatly improves data integrity for companies using Dynamics NAV with more than one legal entity.
EmergeNext ADNM (an ADNM International group company)
Phone: +1 (312) 380-0570
500 N. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60611
EmergeNext ADNM, LLC
Chicago | Milwaukee | Montreal | New York | Paris