PART 1 OF 4: PRODUCTION
Our joint venture partner, ADNM International, has a “Starter Kit” for Dynamics NAV (formerly Navision) that provides an extra layer of hard functionality for manufacturers and distributors. These enhancements can be part of a new implementation of NAV or can be added to an existing implementation and they are available in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
Overview of Critical Enhancements / Dynamics NAV for Manufacturers and Distributors
- Cut operations receiving
- ECN (Engineering Change Notice)
- Auto-copy to production order details
- Shop floor reporting
- Generic part number
- Non part number (NPN)
Financial (Part 3):
- Copy forecasts to budget
- Landed cost calculations
- Receiving inspection
- Truck inspection
- In process inspection
Logistics (Part 4):
- Quick orders
- Container tracking
- Commission automation
- Sales history forecast generator
PRODUCTION – SHOP FLOOR REPORTING (PART 1)
Cost effective and simple interface used on shop floor terminals to:
- View Production Order by work center and scheduled dates.
- View work instructions (documents, drawings, etc).
- Track actual setup and run times.
- Issue components in real time.
- Receive production inventory in real time.
- Support use of Kanban trigger for fabrication of sub-assemblies.
- Simple interface used on shop floor
- User Selects
- Manufactured item
- Qty completed
- Creates required production orders
- Records production time based on estimated time
- Issue components (backflush)
- User Selects
NON-PART NUMBER (NPN) PURCHASING:
- Purchase one shot item for production order.
- Defined on BOM to automatically create a Purchase Order.
- Vendor part number
- Pricing, etc.
- PO receipts generates automatic consumption on PO.
- Users are informed to what PO to route the received part.
- Central list of all NPN’s that need to be purchased and ability to generate PO’s automatically.
- Cost of items will flow to correct job at actual cost amounts.
GENERIC PART NUMBER:
- Allows using generic item number for manufactured item sold
- Avoids the need to create a unique item number each time a unique item is required
- Upon shipment to customer
- Linked production order is received
- Linked production order is closed
AUTOMATED COPY TO PRODUCTION ORDERS:
- Upon production order creation, system Dynamics NAV automatically copies to production order all relevant information like:
- Linked Documents
- Quality Measures
ENGINEERING CHANGE NOTICE (ECN):
- Establish controls and manage process of changes to BOMs (bill of material) and routings.
- Create workflow with multiple user groups.
- Apply electronic signatures for approvals and completions.
- Track ECN and revision history on BOMs and routings.
- Maintain audit trail on changes to the:
Phone: +1 (312) 380-0570
500 N. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60611
EmergeNext ADNM, LLC
Chicago | Milwaukee | Montreal | New York | Paris