Procurement in Dynamics NAV (Purchase Order Management)
Microsoft Dynamics NAV has comprehensive procurement functionality that is deeply integrated with all aspects of the entire NAV (ERP) platform. Procurement in Dynamics NAV provides instant, real-time access to inventory and order status, production plans, material and product specifications, promotional programs and discounts, and tools for maintaining delivery status with suppliers. In addition, procurement authorization functionality via the Dynamics NAV workflow functionality allows electronic approval according to an organization’s unique purchasing approval policies.
Dynamics NAV procurement functionality includes:
- Real-time, dimensional inventory data based on actual materials use and replenishment status.
- Available-to-promise and capable-to-promise quantities.
- Inbound shipment time.
- Integration with production plans (manufacturing).
- Item tracking through receipt, production, and distribution.
- Inventory attributes including lot numbers, serial numbers, and multiple SKU’s.
- Supply chain risk management flagging changes, delays, or other unexpected events.
- Create demand forecasts and production plans based on information about demand, orders, and material supply.
- Notifications that alert relevant personnel of transaction changes, supply chain events such as missing PO confirmations or late supplier shipments.
- Three increasingly complex levels of advanced warehouse management functionality (multiple warehouses and locations)
The requisition management functionality allows an organization to automate their requisition process; the system suggest purchase orders based on a variety of data, such as minimum, maximum, and reorder quantities and algorithms that can include all data points available in the system pertaining to demand, production planning, and supply.
Purchase Order Authorization
Purchase order approval processes can be completely electronically automated based on authorization matrices setup according to your company policies. Automatically alert managers and senior executives with emails notifying them when their approval is necessary (electronic approval in NAV). Document management allows electronic capture of external documents, like vendor quotes, to satisfy even the most rigorous internal control policies.
To learn more about Procurement in Dynamics NAV contact EmergeNext (details below).
Phone: +1 (312) 380-0570
500 N. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60611
EmergeNext ADNM, LLC
Chicago | Milwaukee | Montreal | New York | Paris