What is XRM? Extending CRM Beyond Sales and Marketing
What is XRM? The “X” replaces the “C” in CRM (Customer Relationship Management) to represent a variable. Why? Because Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a great application for tackling business problems beyond the traditional sales and marketing role of a CRM system to assist businesses in managing:
- Company Resources
- almost anything else
One reason for this is the extensibility of the application itself. Microsoft Dynamics CRM allows for:
- Point-and-click customization of the user interface, data management, business process, user experience, access and security, analytics, and reporting.
- Ability to deploy customizations either on-site, in 3rd party data centers or hosted in the cloud.
- Application integration based on well-supported industry standards including a an easy to use Dynamics CRM Import Tool (more on that here).
- Extension of familiar and scalable technologies such as the Microsoft Office System, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, the Microsoft .NET Framework and Windows Server.
- Prebuilt integrations and easy to enhance integrations with 3rd party ERP and Microsoft Dynamics ERP including Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics GP, and Microsoft Dynamics SL.
As an answer to the question, “What is XRM”? We currently have clients using Microsoft Dynamics CRM for:
- Employee scheduling (staff assignments to client engagements/appointments).
- Project Management (we sell a full solution project management system for Microsoft Dynamics CRM: more on our Project Management Solution for Microsoft Dynamics CRM here).
- Service Management (Microsoft Dynamic CRM has complete Service Management functionality in the native application).
- Asset Management (we have customized Dynamics CRM for a client enabling them to manage assets while integrating that with the resource management capabilities of Dynamics CRM).
So if you need a CRM solution for Sales and Marketing and would like to look at Dynamics CRM or you already have Dynamics CRM? Why not take advantage of the application that is already distributed throughout your organizations to tackle other business problems. Understand “What is XRM?” and instead of maintaining disparate applications and databases; consider extending Dynamics CRM into XRM.
Contact us if you are interested in discussing how we might be able to help you.
Phone: +1 (312) 380-0570
500 N. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60611
EmergeNext ADNM, LLC
Chicago | Milwaukee | Montreal | New York | Paris